The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) is offering eligible homeowners the opportunity to have solar panels installed on their roof at no cost. In exchange, customers will receive a fixed roof lease payment from LADWP of $360 per year, for up to 20 years. There are no upfront costs, annual fees, credit checks, or maintenance costs for participants.
To qualify, you must:
- Be a current LADWP residential customer in the L.A. area
- Have an LADWP account in good standing
Your home must be:
- Able to satisfy an LADWP evaluation and other criteria, including shading and roof stability
- A single-story, single-family home with composite shingles
- Receive a $360 fixed roof lease payment from LADWP annually
- Help expand renewable energy in the City of Los Angeles
- Reduce dependence on fossil fuels and make L.A. more sustainable
For more information or to see if you qualify, visit the LADWP website.
Find more rebates & incentives for energy efficient home improvements here.